Up, Up and Away.

Olá!! This week definitely had it's rough spots, but the general trend is up so that's good! 

"Tem mais Sister, tem mais!" That's a phrase I'm getting used to hearing quite a lot. We have lunch (the main meal of the day) with a member almost every day, and it's quite interesting. Sometimes it's actually quite hard to say no, these Brazilians sure know how to cook. But other times my stomach is throwing a revolution because of what I've put it in. 

A few fun things about Brazil...
-there are dogs EVERYWHERE. It's actually pretty sad, people can no longer afford to keep them so they just abandon them. 
-every day there's these cars or motorcycles with big speakers attached that drive around, blasting ads for some nearby market. just what I love to hear in the morning.
-people actually ride around on horses here like it's no big deal. We'll just be walking along a road and some 10ish year old will pass by on a horse, looking down at us peasants.

The language is coming, slowly but surely. Sometimes really slowly. But I've gotten really good at game called "try to express all your feelings using charades and 20 Portuguese words." It'' entertaining, you should try it in your spare time! My companion is so so sweet though. We read the scriptures out loud each night, me reading a verse in Portuguese and her in English. It's actually pretty funny and we end up laughing most of the time. 

On Sunday we talked with our Stake President Juliano, who is AWESOME! He talked to us about 1 Nephi 2:15 "And my father dwelt in a tent" and asked us to ponder what principles are behind that verse. Well for me, it says that miracles can happen anywhere! Some of the most beautiful scriptures come from a time when Lehi's family was living in some tough conditions in the desert. But they had to cross through that desert to get to the promised land, that was the only way. Sometimes Brazil feels like a desert to me; with this strange food, people I can't understand, and a little moldy house that we live in. But the strange, moldy walls of our little house have seen much more faith at work than the clean, white walls of my room in the states. It's hear where I've said my most fervent prayers, feasted, truly feasted, upon the divine words of the scriptures, and cried to my God for His loving arm to be revealed. It's here where I've learned so much more about the love of our Heavenly Father and what miracles he can work in our lives, if we only let Him. 

I love you all lots, keep spreading the light of Christ and eating lots of peanut butter for me (they dont have any here)!

Muito Amor, Sister Rosenberg


not entirely sure what we were eating here but it was good!

got my proselyting license! 10 Dec feels like 5 years away though

Gotuzzo!

-what do you get when you cross a poor missionary in need of slippers with a cheap street vendor? It's called fashion, baby

Comments

Popular Posts