first few days

Hey guys! It's been a tough couple first days in the field, but I'm still alive and breathing so things are looking up! My companion Sister De Dato is so patient and kind, even though it's really tough with neither of us knowing the other's language I'm so grateful for her! 

Living in Brazil is ALOT different than living in the US! There's a lot more dirt roads and dogs everywhere, and a lot less Walmarts and indoor heating! Everyone we meet is really interested when I say I'm from Estadas Unidas, and most can't really pronounce my name. Looks like I'll be Sister Hosenbergy for the next 16.5 months...
The people here are so kind though! They don't have many material things and live really simply, but make REALLY good food and always greet you with a kiss and a hug! 

My first lesson we committed 3 youth to baptism on the 18, so that was a pretty great way to start out! Teaching lesson is a challenge for sure, I can say my part and bear my testimony but if they say pretty much anything I'm lost. That's probably the hardest part about not being able to speak this language, I can't really understand their needs and address their concerns directly. I can feel the hand of the Lord guiding me with every lesson that we teach though, that's definitely when I speak my best Portuguese!! 
Being here in Brazil is definitely the hardest thing I've ever done, but I know for a fact that I've grown leaps and bounds in my relationship with my Savior! When I can't truly express my feelings and there's no one here that really understands me, I know that it's going to be all right because I have my Savior standing by me. I love this gospel and am SO grateful for the opportunity I have to be here sharing it! 

Love you all bunches!!
Muito Amor, Sister Rosenberg 


My Mission President and wife, the Souzas

the group of new missionaries that I arrived with, only 1 american elder and 4 sisters



-checkout my super hip selfie skills, flashback to before smartphones?


Comments

Popular Posts