Waaahooo, Livin on a Prayyyer

Hey there friends! These past two weeks have been a little crazy, the only way I'm surviving is definitely through a lot of prayers! A new transfer is always difficult to be the only one who knows my area and adjusting to a new companion takes a while as well. This is my first transfer without training, so I've got alot more responsibility in our companionship and I'm sure feeling the weight of that. But every difficult experience is a moment to learn and grow so we're learning lots over here! 

My companion had to go to Porto Alegre for a couple days so I spent some time with our Sister Training Leaders, one of which is American. Ya'll, it was AWESOME. I love all my Brazilian missionaries, but having someone who gets your movie references and knows what Chickfila is SUCH a blessing I didn't realize I was missing. And the other missionary is awesome too, and she's trying to learn English, so that's been fun helping her. It's a whole lot more enjoyable being on the other side of helping someone learn a language. There can be a little confusion though. We were talking to a man on the street and he said it was going to rain that afternoon. In response to that, my Brazilian STL said quite loudly and proudly "da**it!" I turned to her quite suprised and asked where in the world she got that curse word from. She looked at me innocently and said that I say it all the time. Woahhh, hold up there. Just to make things clear I do NOT curse. Apparently dangit and the actual curse word sound quite the same to her, and unfortunately I happen to use dangit. Nevertheless, it was pretty funny. Moral of the story, watch your language... 

This past Saturday Sister Franco of the General Primary Presidency visited our mission and gave a devotional. Since I'm in the bottom part of the mission, 4 hours away from the mission home, we watched it as a live transmission in a chapel. It was awesome, and she spoke in Spanish with a Portuguese translator, so that was pretty cool. She told a story the really caught my attention, so I'll share it with ya'll! It's about a college football player who was a member of the church and a return missionary. One day during a practice he got hit really hard and his helmet came off. The coach, really concerned, sat him down and started asking him questions. 
"What's your name?
 I dont know.
 Who is the president of the United States?
 I dont know. 
Where do you live?
I dont know."
The coach, at this point quite worried about his player, said 
"Please just tell me something that you DO know!"
The player responded "Well I know that the church is true!"

TRUE STORY ya'll. Just a good reminder that no matter what we go through, no matter how hard we get hit, we need to make sure that we have a firm enough testimony so that even at the end of all that we will be able to say "Well I know that the church is true!" 

Keep on working hard and praying hard, and know that our Heavenly Father loves you! 

Com Muito Amor, Sister Rosenberg





Comments

Popular Posts