Three Months (and a bit) In Brazil!!

Hey world!! Sorry for not writing the past bit, it's been a whirlwind lately! But here's some updates on what's been going on...
I reached three months in Brazil, yay!! Going to be honest, those first two months went by prettttttyyyy slowly but this third went by fast. And on the 12th of this month I'll have four. Whatttttttt??? The days when we're trecking from one side of our area to the other in the pouring rain or the blazing heat (only one or the other, sadly there's no in between here...) seem like eternities. But the weeks and months go by in a flash. 
The mission is still hard, this work doesn't get any easier. There are a lot of mean people, angry dogs, and hard lessons. But you do get stronger, and you see your relationship with your Savior grow everyday. It's a small price to pay really for the rewards that we reap. 
A quick note about Portuguese. You guys, there can be miraclessss, when you believeeeeeee (reference to Prince of Egypt anyone??)   I arrived in Brazil 3 months ago with a handful of words and here I am today, buying things on my own, teaching lesson, conversing with people on the street, asking for directions, using almost no English with other American missionaries, feeling 1,000 times more comfortable in the language. And is that cause I'm just the smartest most intelligent missionary ever? NOPE. Ya'll I've tried to learn languages before and it turns out my brain is NOT wired for this. And when I arrived in the mtc nothing would stick in my mind or make sense.  The gift of tongues IS REAL. Our Heavenly Father WILL NOT leave his servants helpless. He called me to speak Portuguese and promised that He would help me, and here we are today. I can without a doubt testify that God works miracles among men today, not just in Biblical times. When we put in our 100% effort (not just 70 or 99) and fall at His feet, He will consecrate our efforts and raise us up to more than we could ever imagine. 
A quick story before we go. On Saturday this week the day started out wayyy hot. So we put on our lightest clothes and shoes and set out to work. Later in the afternoon the sky clouded over, which was awesome. We entered the home of a less active member, and barely even ten minutes later we heard some strong wind outside. The sky had gotten really dark and there was a lot of wind, which was weird. WE decided to stay a bit longer to wait till it would leave. BAD idea ya'll. Not even ten more minutes later it started pouring rain and there was all kinds of lighting and thunder. Just as we were thinking we should probably get home the power and water shut off. (that's honestly not that rare, the power and water go off in our house probs twice a week and more if we have the shower and dryer going at the same time) But it was especially bad cause there was zero sun, and without the street lamps or light from the houses it was PITCH BLACK. YIKES. We were pretty far from home, without rain boots or jackets or umbrellas. MAN I've never prayed and ran at the same time but I definitely did that day. But thankfully we made it home with no broken ankles or anything so that was good. 
Time's almost up but I want to ya'll to know that I love you and am cheering you on form over here!
Muito amor, Sister Rosenberg




Comments

Popular Posts