Feliz Dia das Mães!!!

Happy Mother's Day guys!!! And Easter as well, since I didn't send out an email on the holiday. Woops... 

Things have been going great! I'm still in my second city, Charqueadas, I almost have 6 months here. So it looks like I'll be getting transfered next week, but who knows what the Lord has on mind! 

It isn't as hot anymore, so that's great!! Actually, that's partially a lie. The day starts out really hot, then part way through the sky gets all black and mad looking and it starts to rain a wholeeeeeee lot. Then an hour later it stops, and is chillier. So pretty much we've got the three seasons going on all in one day. But my good old Chocos as built to withstand winter, fall, spring, and summer so that's great! (winter if you bring a pair of toe-socks along) 

Last week we had a conference with one of the area presidents of Brasil Elder Bassett and his wife Sister Bassett. It was AMAZINGGGGGG. WOW I was so spiritually fed I almost didnt have to eat lunch afterwards. They talked alot about follwing the will of God and how sacrifice is a blessing. Just like that one hymn "Sacrifice bring forth the blesses of Heaven". It is SO true! And in sacrificing, we become better! 

Something fun that happened, I got to do splits with another american sister that I lived with before. And WOW we spoke way too much english, it was wayyyy funny. We would get to the houses to teach a lesson and the people would look at us like "what the heck, are you sure you speak portuguese?". So that's proof that speaking english is really bad for your Portuguese accent. Dangit. But either way, plenty of vine references were made and lauhgs were given. Good stuff. 

And to wrap up real quick a spiritual thought! It is SO funny the things you learn on the mission, that may seem really obvious but really seem to hit you. I was taking the sacrament on Sunday and thinking about how every week we talk about the purpose/symbol of the sacrament and promise blessings. I was trying to think of the blessings of the sacrament in my life; how my weeks taking the sacrament and going to church have been different than my weeks not doing that. I was actually having a really hard time. Why? Because I couldn't remeber a Sunday not going to church. Seriosly! Every Sunday on the mission I've obviosuly gonew to church, in college my church was a 3 misnute walk away, and at home we would always go as a family. I even remember when we were travelling that my parents would always make it a point to stop by a nearby ward for at least sacrament meeting. I was shocked. I mean, I'm sure sometime in my life I didnt make it to church on Sunday, but it is really hard to remember. And so it's funny. Cause I told here so often how perfect my family looks, that we seem like the staple American Mormon family; everyone has gone on missions, to BYU, to seminary, sealed in the temple. All neat and nice with a bow on it. But that's not just cause of anything random. That's cause ever since I sat in the pews playing with barbies my parents have always made their best effort to bring us to church. I always see them serving their best in their callings, teaching us to pay our tithing as they pay theirs. Stuying the scriptures as a family and personally, doing family night every week. It's every little tiny action that has saved my family, made us who we are. And not just my siblings, my parents, but my grandparents, and our anscestors before as well. 

And so in the end, I really can testify that the gospel does make a difference. Yes, I've still got loads of problems, my family too. but I know for a fact that their continued diligence is not in vain, it is for a worthy cause!! The little things DO matter! For you, your family, and for your prosperioty one day too!! SO KEEP GOING, KEEP PUSHING!! It's true, it's all true. Our Heavenly Father lives and love you!

Love ya'll lots and lots, have a great week!!! And happy mothers day to all the moms!!!

Sister Rosenberg



a coool "I love POA" sign! (POA=porto alegre


the 4 sister I live with!

-sooo we ran out of gas but I still wanted to make an egg. Solution-toaster egg. YES it was still edible....suprisingly

Comments

Popular Posts