Famous on the radio!!

Woop woop, we're back at it again! These past weeks have absolutely FLOWN by, I didnt ever think that time can go by so fast. Next week is already a new transfer! I'm hoping that I stay with my same companion, but we'll have to see what happens! 

Last week we went on the radio!! There's a member of the congregation that has a dad that knows another guy who works in a studio in the city, which led to us getting interviewed on live air!! Yes, I was nervous. I don't know if anyone that was listening understood anything that I said but I sure hope so... We talked about our family history and invited everyone to church! 

This week we did a beach clean up service project and we got interviewed on tv!! We were in a whole group of volunteers from the church and they asked for one volunteer and everyone looks to me... Thanks guys for always throwing me under the bus. It's so funny, just cause I'm American I get volunteered to do everything cause apparently it's cooler when I do it. 

Ooh, kinda funny, this week we met two guys that live way out in the country, the middle of nowhere. And this one loves Western films. So when we introduce ourselves and I say that I'm from Texas he almost dies. He just kept saying, "wow, an American. A real cowboy. I'm going to cry!" And took a picture with us. Sure would be nice to be this loved in the USA as well!!

Allright, now for a cool sand analogy. So when I was in my other area, it was asphalt and my feet had been really hurting. When I arrived here and saw that there was alot of sand,  I was so excited because I thought it was going to be easier to walk in. FALSE. The sand is softer, but makes walking SO much slower and takes more effort. The moral of the story is, sometimes the path of the gospel seems really tough, really hard to walk on, and the path of the world seems so much softer, more inviting, easier. But in reality, when we walk in the world, it turns out to be harder. We put in more effort  and don't actually get where we want to go. And so sometimes the path of the gospel of Jesus Christ might seem a little tougher, know that it is 100x better still! We have purpose and we get where we're going! I know that sometimes its hard to live the commandments, and do everything right, but it is ALL WORTH IT. We WILL get to the end, and the Savior will be waiting there!

Love you guys lots and lots, até semana que vem!
Sister Rosenberg 

Mon, Jun 10, 2:50 PM (20 hours ago)


the radio!!

there's a lady in the ward the knits hats that I always think are really cute. so she made one for my someday child...

making cookies with recent converts!

its not every day you see a pink tractor!

making pastels with investigators!

churros with doce de leite inside. (aka my new obsession)


Comments

Popular Posts