1 Year in my southern brazilian home!!




     Soooo two weeks ago on June 12th I officially made 1 year in brasil!!!! woohoo!!!!! I can't even begin to explain the mix of emotions that I’ve got going on inside. On one hand, this year has gone by so so so fast!  But on the other, I feel like I’ve lived half my life here in Brazil. I can honestly say that I love this place with all my heart, not because every day here is happy, and I never get rejected or feel sad, but because of all the things that I’ve learned, become, and witnessed here. 

             I’d like to write a 5-page essay on what I’ve learned so far, but unfortunately, I’ve only got 6 minutes left on my computer time so I’ll just share the result of the things that I’ve learned. The result is that I know God lives, I know he is engaged in every single detail of our lives, if we have to eyes to see it.  My savior died for me, and you too. Because of that, nothing is impossible.  No change is too hard, no pain is too great. The realest, most powerful conviction that a man can have is that of the spirit. After the holy spirit has touched a heart, there is nothing that can deny that. I know that this work is the most sacred, the most important work there is to be done on the earth.

           Really quick before my times ends, I have more news.... I’m with my first ever American companion!!  Her name is sister Griffith, from Utah and she is amazing!!! She's brand new to Brazil and barely speaks any Portuguese.  So, it's been really fun learning with her!  She reminds me a lot of myself when I arrived in brasil, it's soooo weird to realize how far I’ve come.  Also, it is absolutely amazing that someone finally understands my Office references...

love you all lots and lots, have a great week!
Sister Rosenberg 






Comments

Popular Posts