1 Pt Swan & 1 Pt Ugly Duckling



Hey guys!! Phew, I've got a lot of news! But so that everyone knows, the work is hard but great, I LOVE being a missionary!!



So, something big that happened, I made 9 months of my mission!!! That means I'm half way done!!! YIKES that's scary to even just say, I realllllly don’t feel like I can leave this country so soon! Looking back, I'm so grateful for all the things I've have learned this first half, and I'm SO pumped to see what the next half has to offer! 



Transfers came and went, and I'm still in my area! I'll be going on 6 months here in Charqueadas, with my third companion now! She's super sweet and from Brazil! I'm not living with an American now, so that's a little sad cause no one gets my office references... 



But something cool that happened the other week. I hit my 9-month mark and was reflecting on myself and my growth. I was thinking of the other sisters that are so experienced, know how to balance the work so well, who make such a big impact. I was feeling a little bit like the ugly duckling, looking at the swans in the sky and wondering when it will be my turn to be a swan. And then another new sister that lived in my apartment, gave a talk about how she felt like the ugly duckling. She was working with me for a couple days and she said how to her I was a swan. To her, I knew so much and was so experienced. And I was like WOAH hold up a sec, am I a swan or ugly duckling? So moral of the story, I'm both! Every one of us has a little bit of swan and ugly duckling within us. There will always be goals we want to achieve, people we want to be like, but every once in a while, we need to stop and reflect about how far we've come. The people we've already helped, the goals we've already made. And Jesus Christ is with us every step of the way, helping us achieve that swan that we want to be!



Love you all lots and lots, have a great week!!!








Comments

Popular Posts