Miracles in the Rain (BATISMO!!)

Picture this: 4 utterly soaked, mud-covered, freezing cold sisters huddled under 1 1/2 umbrellas, praying their hearts out for the ability to help an 18 year old decide to be baptized. 

Ya'll, this week was WAY big. We had a young man that was going to get baptized, but then changed his mind two days before. Yo, we pulled out all the stops to get him to the finish line. I'm talking fasts, zone leaders, sister training leaders, young mens presidents, dozens of prayers, and a whole ton of faith. Andddddd, the Lord provided a miracle! You guys, I can't even begin to express the joy that I felt on Saturday. Turns out all those return missionaries are right; just the baptism of one soul makes it all worth it. (and because God is a God of miracles, it turned out to be two baptisms!) As I watched these two young men that I've come to love get dressed in white and enter the font, the eternal significance of this work hit me. This isn't just something to do on Sunday, this is an eternal covenant with God. And so, what's a little temporal/emotional discomfort on my part in turn for the eternal change for these young men? MAN you guys, I am SO SO SO grateful or the opportunity to be a missionary!

Not much more time to write, but other big news is that I finished my first transfer! My companion left today, and I'll receive a new Brazilian companion. I have some fears about this next transfer, I feel really responsible for our area, ward, and investigators but I barely know my way around half our area and I can barely speak with our investigators. And my best friend (Sister De Dato my last companion) left so I was feeling quite alone and scared. BUT the Lord never will leave us that way! 1 John 4:18 "perfect love casteth out fear" SO SO true! Have faith that God will take you by the hand and help you accomplish that things that he asks you to do, cause He loves us and we love Him! 

Keep smiling, love you all!

Muito Amor, Sister Rosenberg



 One elder is our district finished his mission this week, and so we held a funeral for him, cause in mission lingo he "died"


Comments

Popular Posts