Week #2 So i got shot at my first week...??


Ok so I didn't ACTUALLY get shot at but it was pretty close... The world cup is happening and whenever Brazil scores the whole city goes WILD. Seriously, its nuts. We were sitting in the courtyard the first time it happened and these supoer loud fireworks started going off, and we all about died. Seriously, the sounds that came out of my throat was akin to a dying velociraptor and we were on the ground is a second, ready to make a break for it. All the Brazilians with us thought it was the funniest thing of the century, but it probs took an hour for my heart to stop beating like crazy. 

Ok, so true story, the mission the HARD, but also GREAT. Does that make any sense? ITs like life is a few mountains, you go up sometimes and you go down others. But the mission is like a ton of little hills. One hour you're having a mental breakdown and the next you're feeling the strongest sprit you ever felt. Its crazy, but I LVOE it! 

Here's one down and up I had this week, just to demonstrate. We've already taught three lesson to our "investigator", all in Portuguese

. The first one was ok, but the second I almost died. Do you know I frustrating it is? To pretty much understand the questions that they're asking but not be able to answer?? Its almost worse than not being able to understand. Because I have all the answers and I SO badly want to share what I KNOW will bring them comfort and truth, but I just cant find the words that suffice. All that comes out is a random collection of nonconjugated verbs and some messy phrases. Its like you're raising your hand super high but the teacher just won't call on you. Its very very frustrating. But then after the lesson we were reading in PMG about learning your language and it was talking about the language of the spirit. "proficiency in this language permits one to breach barriers, and overcome obstacles" Yall, its not the mission language that I'm here to learn but the language of the spirit!! and that is SO comforting!!! 

The food here is pretty interesting, the desserts are definitely weird and there's always rice and beans. There's also dogs that bark the entire night, which is rough on the sleep. But the spirit that is here is SO amazing, and I love it!


Com amor, Sister Rosenberg

This is my room


Comments

Popular Posts